Friday, March 16, 2018

Hello Blogiverse



   Miss me? Of course you did! -Yeah, I didn't think so. 😜 

   Things are starting to look up. I don't want to publicly disclose Zip's private information, but my Love has been quite ill for the past three weeks. She's tough! She's doing much better now, and we are looking forward to a full recovery. Soon!  Spring is in the air. It's cold as all git out when that wind blows, but the lake is calling, and the sunshine is pulling a finger in my direction.

   We will be watching the second Cubs vs. White Sox televised preseason game later this afternoon. I think the Cubs are looking good this year. They have a much better vibe this season, as opposed to last season. As for non-Chicago baseball, I am so glad Ichiro has a team for 2018! I hope to pick up a hobby box of Topps Opening Day next month. I hope to pull an Ichiro and all of the Chicago MLB players. I did that last year, well all that are in the base set anyway.  I haven't check in days, but I'm hoping Melky (Cabrera) has a team in 2018.

   I took the HarvardX Buddhism Through its Scriptures class, since I last posted here. It was the most enjoyable MOOC I've taken thus far, and I've taken some really good courses. The course states that it's open through sometime in August, so if you want to take it, there's still time. It's offered at EdX. It's designed to last four weeks, however it requires a solid 20 hours a week if you want to take in all of the media offered. There were movies and anime, and it's the kind of class where time flies. I miss it, and I miss the students that were keeping the same schedule as I. Good stuff!

   In a couple weeks, April 1st, Zip and I will have our First Wedding Anniversary.  That's exciting!

   This morning I mailed a trade packet for a trade at the Trading Card Database. This is my second trade this month. (Yay!) The first one was just a few cards needed to fill in some holes in a Cubs set. Today's packet is for some Score cards that I will share in a future blog post. Well I kinda have to post these Score cards because their designs are exceptions to a base set for which I have no appreciation, and I blogged that fact.

   This post needs a picture. So here is a card Zip was elated to have won yesterday.


 

Have a great weekend!

2 comments: