Wednesday, March 21, 2018

1991 Score MLB

   The 1991 Score cards trade has arrived. I stated that I would post these cards because I've mentioned that the Score cards of this era annoy my sensibilities, and if I call something out in a negative way, I like post a positive- if I can find one.  Multi-colored borders with no apparent rhyme or reason look bad. Different border colors for each team is understandable, but as a mostly team collector who uses binders, these randomly bordered sets look awful. However, there are some gems within these randomly bordered sets. They are gems because they are base set cards that have entirely different designs. I've posted a few of these designs in prior pieces, but here are the new to me cards.


A screenshot of Google image results showing some of the random borders of '91 Score.


Now the gems.

Face of the Franchise; black borders around black and white images; overall clean and classic.



    The below cards are paired by their background, and all have a clean white border. Very nice. The toon art on the All Star cards adds some fun to the set, and the Perez No-Hit Club card is very similar to the Lance Dickson Draft Pick card, and they are my favorite design in the set.


 
  

 
    I have 14 of the 17 1991 Score cards wanted for my collections.  Well I have others, but only the seventeen cards will find their way into a binder.  🙀

Peace Y'all! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, just found your blog off the Trading Bases member list. I'm on TB and TCDB too, and do The Collective Mind blog. What are the other Scores you need? Email me from the TB list.
    Greg Armentrout

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Franchise is the best part of this set. I have these in a binder too.

    ReplyDelete