Friday, March 16, 2018

BBA: What Do I Collect?



  I love a Blog Bat Around for which I actually have answers! What do I collect?


Currently I am still collecting: (In no meaningful order.) 

1.) Postcards -
 

    That would be Sitting Bull, published by Azuza. Native Americans on postcards are one of my collecting topics. I also collect airships/dirigibles, outhouses, lighthouses, Asian martial arts movie posters, baseball, Buddhism, April Fools, natural history sketches and a few other themes on postcards. 

 2.) Airships on Stamps, Cinderellas, Covers & Ephemera - 



3.) Trading Cards - 

    Mostly Baseball - My favorites are Chicago Cubs relics. 



   My blog header gives it away, but I collect the Chicago Cubs and I have a few player collections. They are Ernie Banks, Ozzie Smith, and Ichiro Suzuki. I also collect Native American players. (There are other MLB collections happening here, but they are Zip's favorites, along with The Beatles.) I also like all the oddball stuff, such as cards from pizza joints, cards showing catchers looking straight up, cards with dirt flying up from an infield grounder, multiple exposure photography, helmet, hat and pennant stickers or die-cuts, minis, art cards, and the Moody Blues on trading cards. Basically, I collect whatever catches my fancy. 









Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love the cut of your jib. Postcard collecting seems more common among this group than I would have guessed. I've only been collecting for a short time but wish I would have started sooner. I used to go to antique malls back home in Chicago and totally passed them by. At the time I guess I was looking for Peanuts stuff and old sheet music. Guess every collectible has it's season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Peanuts is also one of my collecting themes. Mostly I have them on pogs and postage stamps. I started collecting postcards as a child. They are ingrained in my mind as the perfect memento. Whenever you see a 'stamp show', think postcards and check it out. There are always vintage postcards (and covers) being sold at stamp shows. Vintage postcards for $1 each in box after box. For modern postcards, there are groups and websites dedicated to trading.

      Delete
  2. I can't recall anyone else collecting the Moody Blues. I have a sp #d Justin Hayward. Love his voice, their music and was truly saddened by the recent passing of Ray Thomas. I was fortunate to see them many times in the late 80s/early 90s. Their voices were strong and the sound was still there. Cool to see your mini-collections developing within your baseball collection. I have a lot of catcher dupes that will need a good home. Those meeting your qualifications I'll set aside for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a stunner when Thomas died so soon after the Hall of Fame (R&R) announcement.

      Since the Moody Blues cards are not that common, I've started a Frankenset. So far, I've found two perfect fits from my trade stock. One is "Tim Leary" (88 Topps, Dodgers), and the other is a Frank "White" (91 UD, Royals w/ Cubs logo on back wall). This project is going to be fun!

      Cool about your dupes Julie. Thank you! :D

      Delete