Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Moody Blues Frankenset: Card #7


    I love it when I find just the right card for this Frankenset. I was looking through my trade stock of Twins cards at the Trading Card Database in search of a clincher for our next song. I have one Twins card from 1981, the year this song was released, but other that it being a 1981 Twins card, it had nothing going for it. When I progressed down to the 1986 Topps cards, I almost skipped past them because the black and red banner across the top of the cards was an absolute no-go for this song. In the midst of the red and black nightmare that is the 1986 Topps Minnesota Twins cards was a Team Leaders card that evoked a 'TESLA!' from this author's oral factory.

    I mean look at this card. It is a perfect representation of a 'Gemini Dream'. What I like about this card is... everything. It works!

♊ 
♊ 

That is the 1986 Topps Baseball, Team Leaders card for the Minnesota Twins (Gemini); Mickey Hatcher, #786. 'Gemini Dream' is from the Moody Blues 1981 album Long Distance Voyager, and it was written by Justin Hayward and John Lodge.   




Thanks for reading!


The Moody Blues Frankenset Checklist

2 comments:

  1. The card does have a dreamy quality. I've never heard that song. Very early 80's. Reminded me some of ELO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another good choice! i love ELO too but noticed their influence in Gemini Dream.

    ReplyDelete