Wednesday, November 15, 2017

2018 - The One Thing


    I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions. I'm more of a either I do or I don't, and a new calendar year has nothing to do with it. However, there are collection wants that roll back and forth across my mind, and if I had to whittle those wants down to just one thing, what would it be? There are many cards I would like to add to my collection, and Cubs relics are at the top of the list, but I have a player collection that is so small that if I had to choose just one goal for 2018 as far as collecting is concerned, I would choose....

    ...to greatly expand my Ichiro collection.  

I have six Ichiro cards, and three of them are 2012 Panini Triple Play. Yeah, I hope 2018 is my Ichiro year. 




 

    The Double Header card came my way via Julie from A Cracked Bat: Baseball Cards and a Hot Dog.   I find it ideal for Ichiro to cover up Sammy Sosa. I don't think there are two players with a bigger difference in their philosophy for how to attack from the batter's box. I prefer Ichiro's take on batting. That being said, Sammy had WAY too many Cubs cards issued bearing his likeness, so did Frank Thomas for the South Side for that matter. Way too many cards. 
  



Ah, one of my favorite card pulls from a Topps 2017 Opening Day hobby box.  




    Ichiro's 1,000th hit. I like this card. I pulled it from a repack box that I picked up at Walgreens back in 2016. This was my very first Ichiro card. What one thing, would you like to work on in your collection? 


Have a great day!






1 comment:

  1. I’ve not made specific collecting goals in the past but perhaps should try for a small goal and once completed, add another. I’m continuing to downsize my player collections. Players will soon be booted and offered up on my blog. There’s a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete