Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Sliding Home



    There were no blog entries posted at Now and Zen during the entire month of January, until now anyway. I suppose there was no real reason not to have written something, but truth be told, I have not been in a blog writing mood. With Spring Training a couple of weeks away,  I sit here with a solid case of spring fever. I don't reckon having spring fever in January is ever a good thing, but for the most part, the weather has been in agreement.


    Back on the 2nd of January, I received a packet of Cubs cards from Chris, of Nachos Grande fame. This morning I finished organizing the cards, and was ever so happy to add a bunch of new to me cards to my Cubs collection. Chris really knocked it out of the park with this lot. I've got some highlights to share with you. Thank you Chris, for making me feel like a kid again!

Two 2000 Fleer Tradition 
I like thick cards, and most of the cards I am sharing are of the thick card stock variety.



2007 Goudey


Three from the 2014 Heritage set


2014 Topps, Barney in throwback uniform.  
One can never have too many throwback uniform cards.


Two more Topps Attax game cards.


Three 2003 Heritage cards.


 Five 2013 Heritage beauties.


 
Thanks for reading Now and Zen. Where apparently I have begun writing now and zen. 

🔹   🔹🔹  🔷🔷  🔹🔹   🔹 

   This blog post is dedicated to my grandmother, Hazel. She died on the 14th of January. The 14th was also her birthday. She was 91 years old. She was something special. So long grandma, for now.



14 Jan 1927 - 14 Jan 2018

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting. I wonder if anyone actually plays those games like Topps Attax.


    And sorry for the loss of your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CB.

      I know I'd like to give it a go someday. It would take duplicates of what I collect, and then copies of teams and players I don't collect. Someday though. :)

      Delete
  2. So sorry for your Grandmother's passing. :( It's good to see you here. Hang in there - spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. My grandmother was the most loving person in my family, and she was always proud of me. :)

      Delete