Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Killer PWE

  Yesterday's mail came with a surprise pwe from Mark Germana from the Trading Bases group. The contents of this envelope were the cards needed to finish several Cubs sets.

1989 Upper Deck Cubs, finished thanks to these two cards. (6 & 14)



  Also killed, was my entire 1989 Upper Deck want list because it contained both Chicago holos, and this Nolan Ryan card.

145


1991 Upper Deck Silver Slugger, Ryne Sandberg SS8 completes the '91 UD Cubs.



1986 Topps #588, Steve Lake. I actually already had this card and the complete '86 Cubs set, but my copy was so poorly cut that I wanted a replacement. The card Mark sent is a vast improvement.

  

Next is the final card for the 1984 Topps Cubs, Larry Bowa, #705


 
  The 1989 Fleer Cubs checklist was the final card for the '89 set. I like it when the checklists are sorted by team, otherwise I have no use for them.


  Last, but certainly not least is this Ozzie Smith card from the 1987 Topps set, #598.



Thank you Mark! 


1 comment:

  1. Sandberg is one of may faves. Always great to knock cards off the checklist!

    ReplyDelete