Friday, April 20, 2018

Can Baseball be Cute?

 
     Yes. Yes, it can. Yesterday while in Walgreens, I walked back to the toy aisle and did my customary check for baseball repacks. The last time they had them in stock must have been close to ten months ago. So, imagine my eye popping excitement at seeing one baseball repack hanging on the rack! One. The front card was a Topps Heritage of an unknown player wearing a Diamondbacks uniform. There was a sticker on the front window informing me that there was a 'Bonus Figure Included'.  A bonus figure, wow that's a first for me. I snagged the repack and looked around to see if there was anything else I needed. Nope, so I headed to the registers. Handed the cashier the repack and our Walgreens card, then watched the little keypad processing my purchase. It showed a total of $2.75. One pack, and it's half price? Cool to the tenth!

     Even though there was only one card (actually a sticker) I needed inside the repack, it was the best repack I've ever opened. For starters it was the first repack I've brought home to not have a pack of Panini Triple Play inside, and it was full of newer Topps cards. The unopened pack was 1990 Upper Deck. Inside the UD pack I found the Cubs Hologram sticker I needed to complete my 1990 Upper Deck Cubs set. Yay, for set completion!

    Bonus Figure Included, actually there were two figures included.



    TeenyMates series 2, pitchers. They are crazy cute! I had never heard of these. They are from 2015, so I'm not sure if Party Animal Toys is still producing MLB figures, but I will be on the lookout for them.  These lil' dudes make me smile, and that was the best spent $2.75 I've ever had the pleasure of handing over.


Thank you for reading, and everyone have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. dang I need a teeny Altuve! i remember seeing these on retail shelves, packaged so the figure was a surprise. This inclusion would be enough reason to purchase a repack. I can only imagine your disappointment finding no Triple Play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two were also hidden together in a single packet. Lol, no Triple Play broke my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some repacks from Walgreens. Unfortunately, the only repacks my local one carries are the 100-card bricks. To find the ones with the figures, I have to hit up Target. Anyway, those figures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to run into Walgreens yesterday, so I checked the collectibles section for baseball repacks and there were none. Maybe they order trading cards seasonally, I don't know. The NFL repack rack was loaded. (Always is.) I also found a full rack of NFL TeenieMates! Those buggars cost as much as the box repacks. I really got a deal on that last repack!

    ReplyDelete