Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Baseball Movies on Netflix

    This past winter I started watching the baseball offerings on Netflix. At the time of this writing, I have watched every baseball documentary and movie that Netflix offers except Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch. The completionist in me is very tiny, but it's there, so I'll watch the Air Bud flick. It cannot be any worse than the stinker found on the below list.

   In no particular order, this is a list of the films that are currently available on Netflix for baseball lovers:  

Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch 
Fastball 
The Phenom 
Trouble with the Curve 
Field of Dreams 
A Mile in His Shoes 
The Battered Bastards of Baseball 
42 
Kano 
No No: A Dockumentary


    The above films are all one-shots. You sit down, watch to the end and then it's over. There is a baseball series (inspirational, comedy) on Netflix as well that I have not tried. It's called, Game Winning Hit. I'll probably give it a shot.  

    Most of what is on that list is really good stuff. There is only one movie up there that I did not enjoy, and there is one movie that grabbed ahold of my heart and held it tight. It is an absolutely fabulous movie.  



    Kano is based on a true story. The film is from 2014, and it's 3 hours long. It's also sub-titled. I've been reading film for so long that I don't even realize that I'm doing it. Don't let the sub-titles scare you off from this film. Kano, is the best baseball movie I have ever seen, with no exceptions. I think I wrote this entire post just to say 'Watch KANO.'  

Thanks for reading!  (Now go watch KANO!)

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this in my recommended viewings many times, but I've never felt the pull to actually watch it. After your strong recommendation, I may just have to give in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not heard of Kano but also don't have netflix. if i should come across this in a non-subscription format, I will definitely watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally watched the Air Bud flick. It was made for tiny little kids (I hope!). It's weird that a film franchise based on sports, does not know a thing about how baseball is played. ie- catching pop-flies and then having to throw the runner out at first, every time. Maybe 'A Mile in His Shoes' was made for children as well, can't say for sure, but I would not recommend either movie.

    ReplyDelete