Thursday, April 5, 2018

Moody Blues Frankenset: Card #2

    I wanted to spread these posts out a bit more, but the excitement of this project is getting the better of me. There are only a few cards in my possession that I am positive about adding to this set. So eventually there will be time gaps between posting new additions. Cards #2 and #3 are both positive choices, but today we will look at only our number 2 card.


    It's Trevor Story, from the Topps 2018 Opening Day set; Colorado Rockies, card #45. The 2018 Topps design blends well with the Moody Blues vibe. The graphics reveal a fluid passage of time with the past collapsing into nothingness. Yeah, I like this design. The photo also contains some relevant qualities for our purposes. All photos are snapshots of a single moment, and in this instance we get a clear look into Story's eyes. I'm sure Story is not looking at the camera off field, but it certainly looks like he is focused on the photographer. We also get a baseball frozen in time. That makes this card the perfect representation of 'The Story In Your Eyes'. The song is from the 1971 Every Good Boy Deserves Favour album, and it was written by Justin Hayward.



 




 Moody Blues Frankenset Checklist

3 comments:

  1. Great write up. I have heard that song. Classic! Card-wise there's something dramatic about seeing the baseball frozen in mid air. My own first thought on hearing the name Trevor Story was another song, "Every Picture Tells a Story". Rod Steward released his "story" song just a few months ahead of The Moodys' in the spring of 1971. What a great year for music BTW. Check out the Top 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Wow, I didn't hear Rod Stewart until the late 70s. As a matter of fact, I first heard Stewart the same summer I first heard Nugent. My generation latched on to Stewart later, when Young Turks came out. Personally, I never enjoyed Nugent. I'll have to check Stewart's story, I've probably heard it, but I can't say for sure.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about floating bats. They've become a big mini-collection. There's always ONJ - "Every face tells a story, yours is saying goodbye." Lot of story songs out there I guess.

    ReplyDelete