Thursday, November 30, 2017

My Postcard Collection: It Lives!



    So, I have previously mentioned that I was delving back into my postcard collecting ways. After going through the boxes of postcards, and pulling out all of the postcards that are no longer of interest to me, I ended up with a lot of cards to put up for trade. After a bit of searching, I was fortunate enough to find an active Yahoo group for exchanging postcards. This group has a lot of the same members from another group where I had been actively trading in years past. A big YAY for catching up with old friends!

   I had a trade agreement in the works the first evening after I joined up.  I wasn't sure what I would be getting for my end of the deal, but I did know they would all be baseball themed. I received a postcard of Boston's Fenway, one of San Diego's Petco, and a St. Louis postcard picturing a bat and ball on the grass, but my favorite postcard from the trade is this Babe right here.



    Yeah, I like that postcard a lot.  It's nice getting back into a favorite hobby.


    Have a wonderful day, and thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. That's a pretty sweet Babe! I have a few baseball-related postcards, including a few in my main CATRC binder. Good luck with your revived collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever come across one of the Hudson River Day Liner Chrystina (not sure I spelled that properly!) my grandfather's uncle was captain and I really want to add a postcard of it to my collection. I've seen them on Ebay but didn't have the money at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one fine post card! I pick up old baseball-themed postcards when found affordably priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. They are a joy to get one's hands on! lol

      Delete