Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Golly Gee!

  My grandfather often said 'By golly.', and my grandmother's phrase was 'You bet your boots!'.
             -Yeah, I have no idea why my mind was going there either.

  So how have you all been? Safe, dry and well is my hope for you. I've been busy. I can't pinpoint what's been keeping me so busy, but busy is happening! I caught up on my latest MOOC yesterday, Cultural Heritage and the City. I have a thing for anthropology and archaeology, and MOOCs are like interactive documentaries. Free brain candy is what they are, and I love that no matter what the subject of the classes are, they are all electives. Everyone is learning what they want to learn of their own free will, and that is an awesome achievement towards the betterment of modern education.

  (-Oh, a heads up- I will be posting a blog entry a little later today, to serve as an index for the class notes I've been storing on Now and Zen. It seems to be much easier and faster for me to type the class notes in an adjoining tab as I need them, rather than writing the notes by hand. Storing the notes here (online) also means that I don't have to worry about losing them if the computer dies, and an added bonus is that I do not have to re-write them 'nicer' afterward. lol)

  The Sox game will be on television in less than an hour. (Yay!) This is a White Sox and Cubs home. Zipper's a pretty hardcore Sox fan, and she has been causing me to have fits of chuckles lately. "Oh no, the Sox won again!" "Get him out of there! Get the bullpen in the game. We need to lose!" "Oh not another homerun!" etc... It's been a riot here for about a month. Love it!

   This new laptop means I can watch Netflix again. (again- Yay!) Two shows stand out from last weeks' binge-a-thon.


Knights of Sidonia S1&2

  and 

 Disjointed S1


 
  I thoroughly enjoyed both of these shows. Knights of Sidonia .. wow, brilliant writing! Disjointed- Over the years, I've not really been a Kathy Bates fan, but I love her in this, and I like that hair! Disjointed has been dogged by critics, but by the end of season one, I cared about all of the characters, so it is not deserving of the incoming squishy tomatoes. It's comedy, pot comedy, and that makes me laugh. Plus, I love watching Shego (Nicole Sullivan) rock this character. I get easily bored with series shows. Yes, even The Walking Dead became dreadfully boring for me. If it weren't for Carol, I would have ditched TWD a few episodes into the BORING Alexandria storyline. All I've been wanting to watch is the upcoming new episodes of the X-Files.  Bring it!


  Last but not least, I received a box of Cubs cards from Jack Downs (Trading Bases) over the weekend. Wow, there are several cards worthy of posting about here at Now and Zen. I see some fun card posts in the near future.

  Here's a Ryne Sandberg pop-up standee to tide us over until I get to posting some of these new baseball cards. Thanks Jack!





 


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. The Stylistics recorded several great songs but this one is my fave. Be looking for another round of cards in a week or so. It might not hit the mail until Friday or Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too. My favorite is 'You are Everything'. :)

      How exciting to know you are sending cards! -And it sounds like they will arrived right around my birthday! YAY!

      Delete