Friday, September 15, 2017

Firsts and a Last


  I have not yet looked through all of the cards that were in the box that Jack Downs sent, but I have found several 'Ooh this makes me happy!' cards already. I'd thought I'd post the cards I've pulled that are firsts of some sort in my collection.


My 1st & 2nd Joba Chamberlain (Winnebago) 

 

 

  This 2010 Allen & Ginter card, of Chamberlain going for the tag, is really nice. I don't have a lot of Allen & Ginter cards yet, but I don't recall having seen action shots on A & G cards. 


My 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th minor league cards 


  I had not put much thought into collecting minor league cards. So many guys never make it to the big league and those that do make it big, often end up playing for another ball club right out of the gate. All of these fellas actually played for the Cubs, so they can stay. 

For now.  

dun-dun-dah 



1st & 2nd Moody Blues cards


(Yay!) 


The last card needed to complete 2001 Topps Cubs: 



Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about Jeff Pico and there he is. Creative photography for a minor league set. I'd have liked to have seen Topps give a second go at Chicle. Very uneven set but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need the Pico? I'll share. :)

    ReplyDelete